• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Who would win if rohan and gondor had a ⚔️war??

Rohan vs Gondor: WAR!

  • ROHAN WINS

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • GONDOR WINS

    Votes: 18 94.7%

  • Total voters
    19
I'm afraid you're compounding the problem. 😆

Just joshing! But we do have an edit function, you know. 🙂

Yes, I should be embarrassed but I keep coming back . I am aware of editing devices, but even they have no idea what I am trying to say. I could use the excuse of lack of time, I usually type out fast and let it go. But it happens even when I take my time so...
 
If Rohan and Gondor had a war, Mordor would win.
I was going to respond "neither" as it would never happen, but Haleth said it better.

My feeling that it would never happen is due to the fact that Rohan and Gondor together maintain the Signals Corps... those hardy souls who stand vigil atop the chain of mountains between the two realms, ready to light the signal fires. The sheer depth of infrastructure and coordination required to maintain such a cumbersome and costly system for decades and centuries shows a degree of cooperation that would prevent them from ever coming to war between themselves.
 
She could be influenced by her growing feelings for him.
Perhaps, but her comparison is similar to Gimli’s comparison between the two peoples, “the Riders of Rohan look almost as boys beside them” (LotR, The Passing of the Grey Company). Even earlier on Éowyn had thought that “no mightier men had she seen than the Dúnedain”. She might have feelings for Faramir, but I’d think her position is more influenced by Faramir being Dúnadan.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…