• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Will Turin's confrontation with Ancalagon be portrayed in the movies?

Will they show Turin fighting in the war of wrath and killing ancalagon?

  • Yes

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

    Votes: 1 50.0%

  • Total voters
    2
I love your questions. :)
Turin died before War of Wrath... but you're right, modern film makers doesn't really bother much with these stuff... so he might well be into it.
If these modern trends continue, Turin will be an transgender asian hobbit, and a war of wrath will be his struggle with oppressing system. Ancalagon the white will be the main antagonist.
Ancalagon the white 😭😂, that's top tier.
 
I love your questions. :)
Turin died before War of Wrath... but you're right, modern film makers doesn't really bother much with these stuff... so he might well be into it.
If these modern trends continue, Turin will be an transgender asian hobbit, and a war of wrath will be his struggle with oppressing system. Ancalagon the white will be the main antagonist.
I guess you've never heard of the Andreth prophecy before. Andreth said that Turin would return in war of wrath and kill the Ancalagon before leaving the circles of the world. I was wondering if the filmmakers would show this prophecy in the movie series of the Silmarillion, and asked. so the issue has nothing to do with asian transsexuals.
 
Bro, are you kidding?
Are you watching what modern filmmakers do with adaptation?
They don't respect the very base of the lore. They don't even respect basic story writing rules. They don't know how to make even a basic plot.
And you're asking if they will consider something that even Tolkien fans rarely heard of?

It's like asking a man without arms and legs if he is considering to be the best NBA player this year.
(in which case, I must say, he have a better chance, then modern filmmakers to respect lore)
 
Bro, are you kidding?
Are you watching what modern filmmakers do with adaptation?
They don't respect the very base of the lore. They don't even respect basic story writing rules. They don't know how to make even a basic plot.
And you're asking if they will consider something that even Tolkien fans rarely heard of?

It's like asking a man without arms and legs if he is considering to be the best NBA player this year.
(in which case, I must say, he have a better chance, then modern filmmakers to respect lore)
You're right. I already know all this. But you are wrong about one thing. Turin killing ancalagon in the war of wrath, that is, andreth's prophecy is not included in the silmarillion, but it is mentioned in exactly 2 books in the 10-volume middle earth series. That's why all the wikis on the internet, lotr.fandom, tolkiengateway and normal wikipedia The prophecy of andreth, i.e. Turin's fight in the war of wrath, is described and written. So almost most of the tolkien fans know this prophecy. The number of people who know this prophecy is not as few as you said. It is something most tolkien fans know. Because it is in all wikis on the internet.
 
Are you saying that people that only read Hobbit and LOTR (vast majority), and not Silmarillion, are not (true) Tolkien fans?
If so, I strongly disagree with that.
I was Tolkien fan long before I've read Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top