• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Are you Fëanorean?

Are you Fëanorean?


  • Total voters
    32

Ingwë

Creeping Death
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
930
We have many threads about Fëanor but I want to ask you are you Fëanorean or not. And why you are'/you aren't :D That's all :)
I'll tell you why I'm not later ;)
 
Last edited:
No! ****! Damn! I was thinking debate!!! No, i hate the sod! may he burn in hell!!!
 
No I am Fingolfinian because that twit Fenor was a worthless, back stabbing, ner' do well.

Cheers,

grond
 
I'm a Feanorian, because he was an incredible elf despite his shortcomings, and worthy of a greater end. Through him came great evil but also great good. He's so tragic. :(
 
I wanted to vote with a negative, since I am a human, but I would much rather help out the Feanorian side. :D Garn! *wishes that the Ingwe person's achingly specific guidelines made room for him to rant about other people's answers* oh well. I happen to be what some might call Feanorian since he was fun. Not just another boring as well as sickeningly perfect elf. The best elf of all time. A great orator. A misunderstood artist so misunderstood that even the other misunderstood artists misunderstand him. Also, I thought that his death scene was cool. Very Feanorian and unexpected.
 
I am a Fëanorian.

He was the strongest and greatest elf no matter how many "evils" and bad things he made.

Fëanor did what he felt was right and fought for it untill the bitter end.

Fëanor was the überelf:rolleyes: .
 
He brought about too much evil with his pride. He definitely fell to the dark side of morality, no matter what other qualities he had or what deeds he accomplished; he doesn't sound much like a positive role-model, now does he...
 
Garn! Hey, Ingwe person, yes, I understand that you kept your information seeking post very specific about what information you were seeking, but would you mind terribly if I started to explain to the non-Feanorian types how wrong they are? That Thorondor_ person is sort of asking me a question in his post, at least! :rolleyes:
 
Tolkein has the strangest Archetypes, they all are just so... real... None of his heros are perfect, except maybe Faramir:D
 
Celebthôl said:
Can a mod change my vote to "No" please? :rolleyes:
No, Thôl, the mods cannot change yor vote but they can edit the poll. But the vote is public so we will see 4 users voted for but it will display 3. Do you understand?
Thol, look at the attachments:
First attachment:
1. One voter - 1 vote
2. Zero voters - 3 votes
Second attachment shows edit options :)
Look at this thread, last poll option. Zero voters but it shows one :) That should be my vote :D


Would you mind terribly if I started to explain to the non-Feanorian types how wrong they are?
No, I would not :)
 

Attachments

  • poll2.JPG
    poll2.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 49
  • poll3.JPG
    poll3.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 45
I'm no Feanorian. I'm too easy-going:eek: . I tend to go along with things rather than destroy everything I've ever known trying to get what I want.
 
I am a Noldorin Elf, and I am Fingolfian, because I did not take the oath of Feanor, I did not leave Valinor out of anger, but out of wonder, wonder of what the rest of the world contained, and I also wished to be a part of the History of Middle Earth, and look what I found, a beautiful wife of the family of Gondor (Farawyn), so no im not Feanorean, but its a tie, somebody break it!
 
I wish that I could, but oh well. Thank you muchly, Ingwe person. Got it. Stuff that looks good to be responding to:

The Grond person ---> Twit Fenor? Worthless? Back stabbing? Ner' do well? All craziness! Not a twit! Worth more than zero! No records of backs stabbed, although, they would have deserved it! :rolleyes: Ever did well, I write!

The Thorondor_ person ---> How much evil is too much? Also, explain what evil you might be writing about? Pride is a good thing. Definitely fell to the dark side of some certain people's views on morality? Sure, I would agree on that, since there are so many different philosophies to consider. But still. He was muchly on the good side of mayhaps at least more than one other type of philosophy. :rolleyes: Also, actually, he is a great role model for all. Low self-esteem? Emulate Feanor! :D

The baragund person ---> I understand that you might not have been writing this, but a fiery spirit is not a bad thing. Too easy-going can be a bad thing. Also, your bit about going along with unspecified somethings instead of that other craziness that you mentioned doesn't apply to Feanorianness (is that spelled right, or does it just make no sense? oh well). You are saying that it is good to be a sheep? Anyways, Feanor didn't destroy everything that he had ever known to go after what he wanted. He obtained victory while up against many annoying oddses. The poor dude! In the history of all history, Feanor was the dude who was the biggest fan of one's own dad. That's a lot of fathers as well as sons to contend with! Pursuing vengeance is oftimes seen as an especially heroic quest for heroic type characters, yes? Why must differences of opinion be tossed at the superly cool Feanor character?
 
How much evil is too much? Also, explain what evil you might be writing about?
Slaying of the elves? Leaving fellow soldiers behind, at the mercy of the fate? Blasphemous oath which brings about fall and corruption? Sounds evil enough to me...
Low self-esteem? Emulate Feanor!
Ok, I like that one ...:D
 
YayGollum said:
I wish that I could, but oh well. Thank you muchly, Ingwe person. Got it. Stuff that looks good to be responding to:

The Grond person ---> Twit Fenor? Worthless? Back stabbing? Ner' do well? All craziness! Not a twit! Worth more than zero! No records of backs stabbed, although, they would have deserved it! :rolleyes: Ever did well, I write! ...
1) Twit?
Actually, Feanor was a self-centered, egocentric jerk.
2) Worth more than zero
Actually worth less than zero... Turned his back on the Valar in their time of need. Refused to receive assistance. In deciding to challenge a Vala, his worth become < nil.
3) No records of a back stab.
ROFL! What do you call the abandoning of his kin? Remember, they had to cross Helcarxe because of the great Feanor.

In Louisiana, we would call Feanor a spoiled sport, titty-baby. :);)

Cheers,

grond
 
Methinks Yay is mining this thread for material to use in the debate...:cool:
 
To the Thorondor_ person ---> You didn't write how much evil was too much. What are your units of evil measurement? Please excuse me. Am merely bringing it up because you wrote that he brought about too much evil. Mayhaps, if I knew the system of measurement, I could agree with you or debate the point. oh well. Anyways, I can see why some of the examples of evil-seeming things might seem evil to some.

Allow myself to explain the tragic character of Feanor ---> Slaying of some particular elves is evil? Not really. They were stupid for standing in the way of an especially as well as achingly famously fiery tempered personality. He showed a Herculean amount of restraint in the first place for asking them for their ships instead of just taking them. Do you people think that he was just a whiny as well as spoiled little boy? Well, even if you do, he wasn't. He had the legendary love for a dad that had to be avenged! Lots of creepily righteous fury driving him and some random elf says ---> "Nah. We enjoy uselessly piddling about our tiny island. Waste lots of time making your own boats, why don't you?" That was pretty stupid of him. Poor Feanor snapped. :rolleyes:

Leaving fellow soldiers behind? I would say that he was being nice to those people who didn't even consider themselves to be fellow soldiers. He knew that they didn't really want to come anyways. He took the most useful (loyal) elves with him and gave the others a chance to go back to paradise. Besides, the leaders of those other dudes didn't like him very much. Wouldn't have been as smooth of a victory for Feanor. Also, it isn't as if Feanor forced them to follow him. Maybe his stirring speech was just too good, though. :rolleyes:

Blasphemous oath? Was it really blasphemous? I am not a fan of the crazy types who toss that word around so casually. To Feanor, he was the equal (or most likely, superior) to anybody. Gods are people, too, you know. :rolleyes: Besides, anything that came from others deciding of their own free will to join in the oath isn't his fault. But then again, maybe his speech was too good again.

Hm. I didn't really wait for you to allow me, did I? oh well.

To the Grond person ---> Garn. Lots of that is just crazy opinion that I can't really argue with. Yes, to you, the superly cool Feanor character was probably a self-centered, egocentric jerk. Why not? Good for you. I would write that he was a self-centered (never a bad quality), egocentric (same) as well as achingly misunderstood artist. *sniff* :rolleyes:

Worth less that zero because you write that he should have cared about the unimportant inconveniences tossed at gods? Craziness. Why should he have cared about the unimportant inconveniences tossed at gods? Especially if they are unimportant. oh well. Worth less than zero because he refused to receive assistance? Why? Pride is great! Yay pride! Worth less than nil because he decided to challenge any random Valar type thing? Are all of the others that did that (including your hero) worth the same? :eek: :rolleyes:

Truly Rolling On Floor Laughing (or do that letters stand for elsewhat?)? I call abandoning of any random relatives that which I already mentioned in my bit to the Thorondor_ person. Look up there. Anyways, I was writing of achingly literal ---> Feanor physically stabbing anyone in the back. Please excuse me. :rolleyes:

Also, baragund person ---> I wasn't thinking of that when I first asked if I could discuss people's opinions. sorry about that. I just enjoy tossing much awareness at people about superly cool as well as more interesting than the insufferably popular characters types of characters. I happen to be achingly confident in my position in that little debate thing. But then, if I do come upon some achingly cool new idea in here, Yay! You people would know all about it, too, though.
 
I am not a fan of the crazy types who toss that word around so casually
Try "guessing" who is the first person who used the expression "blasmephous oath"... though I believe you already know the answer ;)
You didn't write how much evil was too much
I think that those refferences were quite self-explanatory... and if you think that the slaying, stealing or blasphemy he has caused are not to be condemned... what can I argue against that? We have different views on morality.
He knew that they didn't really want to come anyways
So, those "dudes" crossed Helcaraxe out of ...masochism?
Besides, anything that came from others deciding of their own free will to join in the oath isn't his fault.
The lust for the Silmarils brought the ruin not only of those who took the oath, but of all the elven kingdoms..
 
Please excuse me, Thorondor_ person, but I don't know who started using the blasphemous oath phrase. Did not intend to deflate your opinion of my memory too much. :( :rolleyes: Would it help your point that what he did was blasphemous if I knew? *hides*

As to the bit about different views on morality ---> Yes. *sigh* I can't find very many who decide to make sense enough to agree with me very often. :rolleyes: oh well. Did I not explain well enough how the evil things that you mentioned were not evil? :confused:

I have no idea why the silly elves decided to follow Feanor instead of doing what they wanted to do in the first place (go back to brainless paradise). Do you know? I don't really care enough to wonder about why they did that. It wasn't a very smart decision, was it? Not Feanor's fault, though, so it doesn't really matter.

Also, I would say that that ---> "lust for silmaril things bringing ruin not only to those who took the oath, but to all the elven kingdoms" bit of yours could be true. Why not? But then, are you not merely writing of many choices made by many people that the Feanor character did not take over the brains of? Looks like it. I see no writings stating that Feanor forced people to make decisions that turned out to be harmful.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top