cart
Member
- Joined
- May 23, 2022
- Messages
- 68
https://youtu.be/WMKN27xZ_14?t=168 <- youtuber says some wild xxxx about Christopher in this video
Click bait title. But it does make me curious if others here hold this opinion or just what kind of opinions are out there on the topic of everything JRR didn't publish or write word for word himself. Alot of experts have popped up out of no where on youtube all of sudden and really seem to "care" about the lore and whatnot (which is odd considering their backlog of videos generally don't have a single video about Tolkien till RoP was getting decimated by anyone with a social media account.)
So, not a whole lot for me to add to this other than I'm very grateful for what Chris did.. I own them all.. i've read it all.. even HoME.
Well Nature of Middle Rarth i didn't really read cause there is ALOT of very tedious material in there and anyone who owns the book knows what im talking about.. and for those that don't you can probably read the chapter titles online.. and that's EXACTLY what you're going to get.
And well it's easy to say he was doing it for the money.. cause a man's got to eat even if he was doing this for the fans and I can understand some gripes, especially with material that is reedited again and again and now it's my third time reading it in some form. Though. at the same time I never felt like it wasn't worth my time reading it or that it wasn't done without care and consideration. In other words I welcome it all, and grateful Christopher basically made it his life's work putting these works together.
But what do you think?
Click bait title. But it does make me curious if others here hold this opinion or just what kind of opinions are out there on the topic of everything JRR didn't publish or write word for word himself. Alot of experts have popped up out of no where on youtube all of sudden and really seem to "care" about the lore and whatnot (which is odd considering their backlog of videos generally don't have a single video about Tolkien till RoP was getting decimated by anyone with a social media account.)
So, not a whole lot for me to add to this other than I'm very grateful for what Chris did.. I own them all.. i've read it all.. even HoME.
Well Nature of Middle Rarth i didn't really read cause there is ALOT of very tedious material in there and anyone who owns the book knows what im talking about.. and for those that don't you can probably read the chapter titles online.. and that's EXACTLY what you're going to get.
And well it's easy to say he was doing it for the money.. cause a man's got to eat even if he was doing this for the fans and I can understand some gripes, especially with material that is reedited again and again and now it's my third time reading it in some form. Though. at the same time I never felt like it wasn't worth my time reading it or that it wasn't done without care and consideration. In other words I welcome it all, and grateful Christopher basically made it his life's work putting these works together.
But what do you think?

