Nenya Evenstar
Elite
- Joined
- Aug 8, 2002
- Messages
- 2,495
I'll drink to that. Parrot can bring the Moose Drool.
And I'm still waiting to see what you have to say to DGoeij.

I'll drink to that. Parrot can bring the Moose Drool.
Careful, Nenya; "Grizzlies" is a dirty word in Aragil's neck of the woods.sayeth the great Philosopher Homer
"To alcohol! The cause of - and solution to - all of life's problems!"
Originally posted by Grond
A close friend of mine was in Montana last year and bought me a case of home-grown Montanan Moose Drool Beer. I drank one bottle and used the rest to take the rust off my lawn tractor which had rusted over during the rainy season.![]()
Yea Aragil... but how many times did the Nazgul have those Hobbits, err, ummm I mean birds in their hands???? and yet they always (and I mean always) came away empty-handed. LOLOriginally posted by aragil
...One manifestation of this was a series of common sense sayings he'd used to spout, one of the most famous being "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". I thought this fit in well with the Nazgul thread, so I threw it in.
Originally posted by aragil
Dgoeij- read UT (whenever you find it), it has some fantastic stories, with the 'Hunt for the Ring' just being one of them. I think we agree that there is no true answer here, but that shouldn't stop us from making up our own minds as to who did it.
Abe Lincoln was one of our first presidents to be celebrated for a truly 'modest' (i.e. poor) upbringing. One manifestation of this was a series of common sense sayings he'd used to spout, one of the most famous being "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". I thought this fit in well with the Nazgul thread, so I threw it in.
People were saying that a bird in the hand is worth two in a bush for centuries before Lincoln's time, and are still saying it 150 years after his time. He isn't exactly renowned for saying it: there's one a bit more famous isnt there? - something to do with four score and seven years ago?!Originally posted by DGoeij
And also thanks for the explanation on Lincoln's saying.
Originally posted by Parrot
Dissin' my homey Aragil? Man that "Ticks Me Off!"![]()
(Joxy, to clear up any confusion, "Dissin' " is Americanalizationistic-coloquialismistical slangualism that means, liberally or figuratively, to simplicitly "disrespectinate" on someone)
added in edit: before anyone even says it, I know "coloquialismistical" is actually spelled with four l's, nobody's purfect.
Originally posted by joxy
People were saying that a bird in the hand is worth two in a bush for centuries before Lincoln's time, and are still saying it 150 years after his time. He isn't exactly renowned for saying it: there's one a bit more famous isnt there? - something to do with four score and seven years ago?!![]()
I've learnt something then?! In the US Abe is famous for talking about birds with wings, and Bill for talking about birds with ****s?Originally posted by DGoeij
But sometimes it takes a president to make something famous.
How many men haven't said, before: "I did not have sex with that woman!", and will be saying it until the end of times?
Hey thanks, but I knew already; Marshall Mathers told me.Originally posted by Parrot
(Joxy, to clear up any confusion, "Dissin' " is Americanalizationistic-coloquialismistical slangualism that means, liberally or figuratively, to simplicitly "disrespectinate" on someone)
WHAT???? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! What does that geeky Leave it to Beaver guy know about being "down" with the street? Word! Yeah, I can almost see it now......posted by Joxy
thanks, but I knew already; Marshall Mathers told me.
*nasal inflection*
"Gee Wally, Eddie kinda dissed you when he asked Mary Ellen to the dance, knowing you were planning to give her your letterman's sweater and all! Maybe, we should get Whitey and Lumpy and the rest of the Posse together and bus' a cap in his ass! Ya think?"
You've lost me now, P.!Originally posted by Parrot
....geeky Leave it to Beaver guy....
LOL. My Mathers is M 'n' M, aka Eminem.Originally posted by Grond
Parrot just got the wrong Mathers.