• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Dobby and Gollum; The Whomping Willow and Treebeard

Originally posted by Lantarion
I think the Whomping Willow is more like Old Man Willow....
Quite right, something else that JKR seems to have "borrowed" from JRRT! And what a pity OMW was thrown out of the film along with all the rest of the Old Forest story.
What I'm saying is that the film's ents, other than Treebeard who is quite good, would have been more convincing if they had looked less like bundles of sticks and more like the WW. They would then have been more feasible as rock-throwers and dam-busters.
 
Yeah, I agree about the Longbottom thing.....HP is MUCH 2 fake! It's just too childish (In my opinion....I'm not dissin' it here, ya'll!). I'd rather watch LOTR

LOTRfan2
 

Similar threads

Back
Top