• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

🌳Ents reproducing

del_user(tom_bombadil)

Blast from the Past
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
158
imagine ents reproducing the sheer mechanics of it are mind bogoling. how would they do it. i was recently thiking how could it work. please help me and suggest a few ideas
 
I must confess I have never thought about how Ents reproduce. Most trees do it asexually (i.e. fruit of some kind). So the question is, just what human characteristics do Ents share?
 
I would think that the ents tend to be more like trees than humans when it comes to procreation. Since I hated biology, I'm not the best person to give you the just of making tree babies. However, I think that the trees are polinated and make seeds in the same way flowers do. All you need is a hive of bees and you're set for life.
 
Hmm...Interesting question. Never really thought about it before. I gotta go w/ Zale though. Aesexual reproduction is my best guess.
 
Wait a minute. They don't have Entwives for nothing. Doesn't it say something about the number of Ents decreasing because they don't know where their Entwives went? I'm sure the don't have "relations" the same way people do though. It's probably not done for pleasure like us human folk.
 
If a tree.......................in the forest, and there's no-one around, is there any sound?;)
 
Here is my theory...

The Ent and Entwife go into a field and plant themselves into the ground placing root like appendices into the soil. Underground their roots connect, allowing them to mate. To the outsider, one would think it was just two trees that are planted unusually close to one another...but we know otherwise ;) .
 
"On the left we see a tree, on the right a she-tree... And the thing you just stamped on was a little-tree."

For the reproduction of Ents I can hardly hold back the story of the flowers and the bees...:D

LOL
 
we are thinking with our brain, not tolkien's. there could be any which way they reproduced. think about it. they could have just did it like a tree. OR, they could have heald hands and looked deep into each others eyes for a while. then an enting could have sprouted up out of the ground, and it was a wonder of middle earth how this mystyrious thing happenned.
 
Ooo.. Ooo.. I know this one - my parents told me about it when I was little - When a mummy tree and a daddy tree love each other very much - mmm... I forgot it - damn! Something to do with a stork though...
 
LOL

oh, and someone said acorns, but if ents just had acorns to plant. why would they need a female ent?
 
upon reading this topic i was completely floored... i was seriously just about to ask that same question... i think that they either reproduce through some pollination method or they have some hidden appendages that they use... doesn't matter though because there are no more entwives :(
 
hmm... :confused: yeah but honestly... i really don't want to know... aahh evil thoughts evil thoughts... lol
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top