• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Drawing First attempt at drawing Aegnor: seeking feedback

Andreth

New Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2012
Messages
82
So, after almost 7 years in which I didn't draw anything, here I am, drawing out of Tolkien's world... Pretty ambitious, no?

but, anyway, this is my first sketch of Aegnor: there are far too few pictures of this valiant elf, and I was eager to draw my version of him ( looking at my nickname, you could even guess why :) ). It's not the most beautiful, or perfect version imaginable, of course ( not perfectly clean, and with a very bad shading ), but it is a start. And, any suggestion to get past this all too young aspect? I know that Elves do not age, but they are very old indeed, so I think it must show somehow, at least in their eyes...

image.jpg
 
Well I'm no skilled artist so I can't help with the pointers but I think it's very well done :*up
 
Here I am with a new drawing... Andreth! What do you think about this one?
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 49
Wow that's soooo good!! The hair and the cheeks, the eyes ... a very well-done and pretty Andreth, Andreth :)
 
Thank you so much! Glad that you like it! It was quite a pain to draw the cheeks, believe me! :*p
 
I used to wonder why only elf women wanted to marry humans-until I read about Aegnor. So, I like him very much :). But, he never got to marry Andreth and have childeren:(. I'd like to see your depictions of other minor Tolkien characters. Drawing seems to bring them more vividly to life somehow. And I like how you put flowers in Andreth's hair.
 
Thank you very much! I wondered too about the apparent lack of male Elves and female Mortals romances... But, to me, Andreth was never a minor character, even if in the writing she is, in fact ;) so far, I've drawn Aegnor, Andreth, Finrod and Aredhel, but these two I've not reported here, because I can upload only a few here... Not enough space :( but they are on my deviantart page!
glad you like the wreath, at first I thought it resembled more a christmas tree light wreath XD
 
Those was pretty good since its been a couple years id like to see some more youve done
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top