• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

How did Gimli get a new axe?

He most likely has more than one ax. Remember the cave troll? I'm fairly sure that I remember him wailing an ax at him. So, I don't think he had the intention of getting that ax back from the troll. :)
 
Originally posted by gandalfthegreat
and yeah maybe he finds some in the mines of moria.

He must have found a lot, because he keeps throwing them around. The battle in the Chamber of Mazarbul, he throws one a the cave troll. And if I recall correctly, he throws one in the Uruk battle as well.
In TTT he throws one or two extra.
 
Yeah, I just watched it last night again!:D He doesn't take it out of his hands, it's just resting against the chair or something, tho....
 
Originally posted by JoS Metadi
You can clearly see Gimli carrying different axes in TTT. The one with the upturned point, the double-bladed one usually slung on his back, and maybe some others as well.

It seems like he allways carries and keeps his double bladed axe. The singleblade are for throwing.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top