Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.
Register
It looked to me like Gimli took one of the other dwarvesaxes to 'destroy' the Ring, and took his to join the fellowship, although it may be the other way around.
It looked to me like Gimli took one of the other dwarvesaxes to 'destroy' the Ring, and took his to join the fellowship, although it may be the other way around.
He most likely has more than one ax. Remember the cave troll? I'm fairly sure that I remember him wailing an ax at him. So, I don't think he had the intention of getting that ax back from the troll.
axed! LOL!!!...Yeah I am not so sure Gimli carries multiple axes. I believe he gets from another dwarve with him at the council, and yeah maybe he finds some in the mines of moria.
He must have found a lot, because he keeps throwing them around. The battle in the Chamber of Mazarbul, he throws one a the cave troll. And if I recall correctly, he throws one in the Uruk battle as well.
In TTT he throws one or two extra.
You can clearly see Gimli carrying different axes in TTT. The one with the upturned point, the double-bladed one usually slung on his back, and maybe some others as well.
Originally posted by JoS Metadi You can clearly see Gimli carrying different axes in TTT. The one with the upturned point, the double-bladed one usually slung on his back, and maybe some others as well.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.