Eledhwen
Cumbrian
- Joined
- May 11, 2002
- Messages
- 3,168

Eledhwen said:It isn't my turn, but it has been a while...
Tall and green
And seldom seen
My name is the same
As the place I have been
A dwindling realm
Of oak, ash and elm
Till roused up to fight
With long-hidden might
greypilgrim said:
Eledhwen said:Shucks! I thought I'd got away with it.
Let me see now...
He sang a song upon the shore
Of a place he'd never been before.
Eldest of his kind was he
Who had to sail across the sea;
But not alone! Another came
Whose need to journey was the same.
The moorings slipped, the ship sailed West
To where our hero found his rest.
***
Who sang the song?
Eledhwen said:Well done, Barley; obviously a Tolkienologist who has read "Bilbo's Last Song (at the Grey Havens)"
I look forward to the next riddle.
Astaldo said:I think his name is Bandoras "Bullroarer" Took.
Sorry the "b" must have slipped. I know the name is "Bandobras".Barliman Butterbur said:
Astaldo said:I found one:
He stands upon the hill,
stranded by the bad weaver.
The only thing that can save him,
is the flames that he created.