• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

[Quenya] Devising an appropriately regal name

NovumChase

New Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2024
Messages
2
Máriessë!

I am a learning amateur in Quenya (and in Tolkien's languages generally), and I greatly admire the flow and sound that they bear. I am working on a poetic narrative that will feature the appearance of an elder sky-being, unlike any other that appears in the story, and I would love to use a name rooted in Quenya to accentuate that difference.

How might I devise a Quenya name that means "hunter from the clouds" or otherwise features one or both of those elements? Particularly attractive are fána and fanya to capture "cloud", though I have no knowledge of Quenya name-formation and would much appreciate the counsel of any students of the language!
 
Welcome aboard @NovumChase. Good to have you with us.
Be patient - you might need to wait a bit - (don't be hasty) - for one of our more languagey language folks to pass by.

Meanwhile, enjoy the Forum. We've a lot to see, do, learn, and know for the Tolkieny Tolkien type.
And don't hesitate to introduce yourself in the 'new members' thread.

 

Similar threads

Back
Top