• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

What 📔book are you reading right now?

I’ve recently started the Lightbringer series by Brent Weeks. So far, it’s been an absolute blast! I finished the first book within three days. It’s a fantasy series based on a really intriguing magic system, where certain people, drafters, can use light and turn it into physical substances they can manipulate. The books follow the Prisim, one of the leaders of the land, and the only person who can draft all colors of light, as well as certain people associated with him, as turmoil rises.
 
I recently read The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne which I gather may have been or still is a set school book in some US schools. Well it has a strong central character and a fascinating plot but ... oh I found it so slow and ponderous. Now one might say that's what you get with 19th century novels but I strongly disagree. I'm curious to know what others think about this novel.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top