Wasn't this the time
Galadriel set foot upon
Middle-earth? Or.. Was it something different?
in the complete absence of any sensible narrative I
really don't care which version of Galadriel &
Celeborn I take . .. there I said it!
OK so let me clear out things, if I might, I think.
Galadriel had dreams of far lands and dominions that might be her own.
She came to Middle-earth but did not establish any
realms and not even a stronghold or a village or something. In the earlier version it made more sense because she took over
Lorien since
First Age. But in this revision we need an excuse to make sense out of it. The explanation we are suggestively offered is:
Melian. Galadriel did whatever Melian told her to do. So there you go, a sensible narrative.
There really isn't any illogical thing in Galadriel not leaving
Beleriand after Melian left. Galadriel's husband was not willing to leave his home. And Galadriel loved him too much to leave him. Moreover, she also loved her mother's kin in general and especially the descendants of her best friend. Obviously she would feel responsible to help them. In fact, any assumption that she left her beloved ones like a coward selfish person betrays the character of Galadriel. So there you have it, there's no weird narrative here, only logic.
It's completely sensible that she didn't leave Beleriand and Balar because any good unselfish heroic person in their right mind would make this choice. After all, Galadriel is "the fairest lady of the
House of Finwe and the most valiant".
You might ask why she left her own
realm Harlindon in the beginning of
Second Age? Doesn't this contradict her dream of ruling? Well, of course not. Remember that she also equally desired to adventure and find new discoveries. And after all,
Eriador was much greater dominion for both adventure and ruling. I guess she chiefly stayed in
Lindon to help people and especially her family
Gil-Galad in building up the place and settlements. Then, she left to follow her own desires.
It all makes sense if we think clearly about them.