• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Where did faramir take frodo and sam??

Originally posted by ladyoflorien
....people complain non stop....
Not complaining, just pointing out that P Jackson is not a particularly good film maker,
and that TTT is not a particularly good film.
Some people (?!) give the impression they think he can do no wrong -
some sort of a perfect director, of a perfect being?:)
(Do you think it was a good idea to make Tolkien's books into a film with
slapstick comedy, circus tricks, sloppy romance, and swashbuckling swordfights?)
 
Well even though I myself would probably be considered Anti-Jackson you cannot take away from the fact that he can makes movies, if I had not loved the LOTR before the movies I certainly would have after, however I would have loved the movie and not the books, even though the books are 100 times better then the movies.

Not complaining, just pointing out that P Jackson is not a particularly good film maker,
and that TTT is not a particularly good film.
Some people (?!) give the impression they think he can do no wrong -
some sort of a perfect director, of a perfect being?:)
(Do you think it was a good idea to make Tolkien's books into a film with
slapstick comedy, circus tricks, sloppy romance, and swashbuckling swordfights?)
[/QUOTE]
 
I agree

Originally posted by Melko Belcha
You said it, PJ respects Tolkien's work. But as me and gondorian45 have said, PJ did not respect Tolkien himself.

I must say that I agree wholeheartedly with Melko Belcha and Feanorian when it comes to P.J. not respecting Tolkien as a man. In a sociaty where revenge is looked upon as good, (it's in movies all the time) and where people want to see action, violance and romance more than goodwill, integerty, and upheld morals. It's hard to believe that hollywood wouldn't dumb down a movie to fit in this culture. I must say it's terrible when a man's work must be sacrificed to make a culture happy. I must admit I liked the movie for what it was, as a movie. But for something that was supposed to based on a book, it is much less than satisfactory.


The road goes ever on and on ..... and boy are my feet tired.
 
The good the bad and the Gollum

Hey,
I was wondering. Would Gollum be better or worse if he was a girl, and does he secrectly hate the hobbits, because they represent what he was and what he has become. Or in retrospect does Frodo secrectly hate Gollum for he represents what he might beome.






Hey Wookiee.............................. it's me.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top