• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Who is going to be Prince Imrahil?

krash8765

Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2002
Messages
117
I hope they put a lot of effort into this new character and that he gets some major screentime. Have they released any info on who is going to cast for him?
 
Um, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but conventional wisdom holds that PJ is going to leave out Imrahil- something about the character not being short enough to be funny ;). Seriously, on imdb they don't mention Imrahil in the cast list, so it looks like he didn't make the cut. Which sucks, since he's an awesome minor character.
 
I agree, when I read the book he didn't seem really important nor did I have any special feelings toward him. I don't think the film will be much worse because he isn't in it.
 
He was a bigger character than Gamling or Hama, both of whom appear by name in TTT (though Gamling is nothing like his book self). I still think he'll probably get left out though, not so much because he's just a small character but because he was small enough that the amount to which he'd convolute the story isn't worth his inclusion.
 
I suppose so, if they had wanted to show them they'd already have done it.
 
David Wenham has been quoted as saying that the only new character in TROTK will be Denethor. So that let's out Beregond, Bergil, Imrahil, Elladan, and Elrohir. I'll miss Beregond and Bergil, but I don't think the absence of Imrahil, Elladan and Elrohir will hurt the story...too much;)
 
That's a shame, I would have liked to see Beregorn and Bergil.
 
David Wenham has been quoted as saying that the only new character in TROTK will be Denethor. So that let's out Beregond, Bergil, Imrahil, Elladan, and Elrohir. I'll miss Beregond and Bergil, but I don't think the absence of Imrahil, Elladan and Elrohir will hurt the story...too much

There will most definitely be more than one new character in ROTK- we've already seen a picture of The Mouth Of Sauron, and IMDB's cast list includes Ghan-Buri-Ghan, both of whom will be making their filmic debuts.
 
I think Wenham's remark really meant that Denethor would be the only new major character. Still, I doubt Elladan, Elohir, Imrahil, Beregond or Bergil will be included; at least in ways resembling their book incarnations. We certainly may have these names attached to certain bit players.
 
i see what u mean, they made gamling and hama almost switched, imo...in the book, hama was the guard and such, while gamling was just an old rohan warrior. altho they did get which one dies correctly.
 
After re-reading ROTK again, I really think Imrahil is important mainly because he rules Minas Tirith during the interrim times while all the other characters are tangled up in their own issues or are unavailable. I personally want to see him there, as the mortar between the bricks, you might say. Also, you need a cheering section to laud the coming of the new king. Who will lead that if not Imrahil? The general crowd or no-names wouldn't be nearly as classy.
I also hope they portray how the people of Minas Tirith 'love' and respect Faramir (since his father doesn't). That backdrop is important to me also.
 
I don't mind much about Prince Imrahil (Though I would wanted to see him) I hardly noticed him the first time I read RoTK. He does important things in the book, but I don't think the movie will be shown that way. I'm more disappointed with the absence of Beregrond, i liked his character. I didn't really hope that he would be in there. It's OK. I don't really think it will matter to the movie's story with the absence of these people.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top