• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Help with translation for anniversary gift

Ahh good memory! Yes, so far I feel better!

And now I'm wondering who posted that response elsewhere :)
It was on the subreddit r/Sindarin by a user named Elaran.
Looking through their history there they seem quite active and have helped several with translations.
 
Ah, another El- name! The el- in mine is "star" (based on Gilthir from "Smith").

Just sayin'
 
"Are you going my way, Gilthir?" For that was his name (Starbrow) in Fairy; at home he was called . . ."

Tolkien, Smith of Wootten Major [extended edition] :)
 
Last edited:
Hi again,
Just wanted to share what became of the translated phrase.
Thought about a necklace, since we're already married we have a ring each. But was hard to get the whole phrase on a necklace and have it look good.
So still settled on a ring, she has more fingers after all. 😝
And feels like it matches the theme.
Couldn't resist buying one for me as well...
Two rings.png

Should have used a backdrop when photographing, now it looks kind of dirty since you can see my whole room reflected in it.

Now working on a nice unfolding envelope to place it in. Trying to get foil letters so it looks nice. Will post update if I succeed.
 
Last edited:
If I were human, I think my response would be: 'very cool'...........If I were human.
Thank you for sharing.
You sound like a great couple.
 
Back
Top