• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

If you could have one weapon or item...

cheating??? Me too!!!

Hmmm, since most of the posters are cheating - by asking for more than ONE item and not sticking to the LoTR - I too want more: The Leather Covered Deluxe version of LoTR and the HoME as well...

Hopefully Santa (or Christ Child, Baby Jesus - how some of us call it) will be good to humble ol me... ;)
 
Hmm.. An Elvish Sword would be nice.. But don't know whitch one.. To hang on the wall.. and in case a burglar visits.. :D
 
Originally posted by ReadWryt
I would want Sting. I need a good Elvish Letter Opener...

You open your own mail!!! Wow, there really is another world out there. :D :D :D

I have the Ent wifes to do all my housekeeping.
 
My choice....

would be Orcrist, Goblin Cleaver. I have always loved the name of that sword. Being of Elven make, during the Goblin Wars, in Gondolin it too would warn it's wearer of danger from approaching Orcs.

And as DGoeij said, a table at The Prancing Pony, with all of you here on the board invited, a good clay pipe filled with South Farthing pipeweed and a tall mug of the best brown beer to be found East of The Shire and West of Rivendell. We could set around the fire, tell stories, smoke our pipes and lift our glasses to happier times and the grand times to come.

"There is an inn a merry old inn, beneath a great grey hill. And there they brew a beer so brown the Man in the Moon himself came down one night to drink his fill."

Now by God, that's a good beer!

Moose
 
Sure they were Rosie. One of them happened to be in the sky almost every night mounted on Earendil's brow as he cruised overhead in his ship Vingilot.;)
 
Curse that Earendil guy, he always thought he was so superior just cause he cast me down, well, it doesnt bother me, I am not envious or annoyed!
 
Anc, are you sure it wasn't the amount of Balrog you drunk that cast you down? :D
I would probably want Anduril, but I would need lessons...
 
Anc, how do you think I feel? Because of that ne'er do well Earendil stirring up the Valar in the West, my Master's in the void and I'm still sitting in this puddle of Balrog piss at the bottom of a pit in Angband. Not a fun place to spend eternity.
 
I think I too would try and get my little paws on a palantir but I think I'd try and get Sauron's (better resale value :)) and maybe the mirror of Galadriel, that'd be a pretty nifty trinket too.

P.S. I think this may be the kindest bunch of people I have ever encoutered at a forum. Really you all are terrific.
 
Welcome and well met, Capt. Yosarian. I, too, enjoyed Mr. Heller's novel. We try to be understanding and patient in this wonderful forum. But, so you'll know beforehand.... I am the evil "Mace of Melkor!!" Grond is my name and I am most well known on this forum for staying "hammered" 90% of the time.
 
I would swear that Grond's hammered 98% of the time...:D Just because your situation in Angband is not so good, doesn't mean that you have to stay hammered!
 
Hummmmm Aerin, let me see..... stay drunk and smell Balrog piss or stay sober and smell Balrog piss. What would your choice be?
 
Not that it really matters, Grond, but I was wondering...how exactly do you...drink?
 

Similar threads

Back
Top