• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

One Riddle To Rule Them All

Firstly, this looks like it has your own personal take on Tengwar. Or, even if you did not stray from your source at all, there is still the possibility that your source may be wrong, as there is a great amount of misinformation on the internet about Tolkienian linguistics.

All that I can say is that it looks like an equation, with some marks which look neither like Tengwar nor mathematical (though I am not versed with maths). Either that or they are so stylised that they ended up looking like nothing else.
 
That was besides the point that I was trying to make. The fact that it is an equation is obvious, and I was not trying to give an answer (be it vague or specific). Rather the point was that it is difficult to decipher without knowing what symbols that you used for what.

For example, the first symbol on the left looks like a (Hindu-Arabic) "1", but probably not since you seem to have used actual tengwar for "2", so perhaps that is an "i" without a dot (which is not quite right unless one is using the Beleriand Mode). Then comes a symbol which I do not recognise at all; it looks like the tengwa hyarmen, but with a stroke on it, so I am guessing that that is your adaptation of "ħ". Then comes a "d" with a curled stem, so maybe "∂", then "ps" which is likely "ψ", then some oddly shaped parentheses, I assume. And some odd "r" shape, and another for "Ð/ð". No idea on what those are supposed to be, their stems look similar to the parentheses.

So, unless the rest would be obvious to scientifically literate folks, I don't think that your notation would help. Or perhaps figuring out how you would write [answer] with Tengwar-like symbols is the "riddle" itself!
 
A very poorly written Schrödinger equation.
A Schrödinger equation?!?!?!?!?!?
People who are "conversant" with that kind of quantum stuff may be an even smaller subset of humanity than those fluent in both Sindarin and Quenya.
I utterly stink at all three ... 🥴
 
A Schrödinger equation?!?!?!?!?!?
People who are "conversant" with that kind of quantum stuff may be an even smaller subset of humanity than those fluent in both Sindarin and Quenya.
I utterly stink at all three ... 🥴
I'm only actively learning all three and hope I become conversant in some of them... It's quite a daunting task 😥
 
I'm only actively learning all three and hope I become conversant in some of them... It's quite a daunting task 😥
Well, OK, if you're interested in all three ... 😲
I would just seriously warn against trying to apply quantum physics to Middle-earth ... 😱
 
What, "Schrödinger's Cat" featuring Tevildo? I can see endless issues even for that thought experiment ... 🤪
 
Nice,

Here is another riddle for you

What can freeze even after it heats up?

A computer
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Similar threads

Back
Top