Ah, now you have drifted into a subject near and dear enough to my heart that I will get involved. Threads that have not been used in a long time, but none the less contain usefull information that could be beneficial to future users as well as the "old same crowd".
I've been, for several months, talking to the Webmaster about finding some way to archive old threads that have not been used in a while in the hopes that we could make them available to people to use as a reference. There are many logistical problems involved in this, how do we format this information?...If we save it as Web Pages how do we incorperate it into a Forum that is operated using a Database?...things like this.
We were kind of hoping that the last promised upgrade of vBulletin would have been 3.0 instead of merely the 2.2.2 patch because the former contains some solutions to this quandary but alas...it was not to be.
If anybody has some valuble suggestions about what you would like to see in some archive insofar as ease of use or catagorization if information, I would welcome it!