Elassar
Member
- Joined
- Jan 26, 2022
- Messages
- 180

lol they have battle WHAT veterans?!I am assuming you mean around the time of TWOTR? According to the Atlas of ME [if i am not mistaken], Gondor has more troops, I would also say they are better equipped hailing from the Numernoreans. Rohan does not have a large standing army but a large muster of men loyal to their lords. Gondor is battle testes veterans aginst Mordor.
lol they have battle WHAT veterans?!
I know in my case it would just be lousy typing. I often manage to hit neighboring keys to the ones I want. "a" and "d" often show up instead of intended "s", as the first two straddle the third (my spellchecker catches most of this).Have pity on us poor dyslexics!
It makes sense. But if we compare the Rohirrim with the Normans, I should say that the Normans were quite successful.However, the Hunnic and Mongol forces were made up of light horsemen, armed with bows, with a much smaller percentage of heavy cavalry (I realize I'm oversimplifying a bit).
The Rohirrim were the opposite-- overwhelmingly heavy cavalry, mail-armored and spear-armed, with very few archers, like the Normans, on which they were partially based. Battle tactics would be totally different; as we see from the story, they relied on the massed charge.
battle testes
I'm afraid you're compounding the problem. 😆kind of shrunk
For some reason the term "bottle tested" sprang to my mind ... 🤫But we do have an edit function, you know. 🙂
If you want to be really, really technical, Mongol heavy cavalry was actually heavier in terms of armor and weapons used than their European counterparts. But main advantage for the Mongols was strategic mobility and developed battlefield command-and-control.However, the Hunnic and Mongol forces were made up of light horsemen, armed with bows, with a much smaller percentage of heavy cavalry (I realize I'm oversimplifying a bit).
The Rohirrim were the opposite-- overwhelmingly heavy cavalry, mail-armored and spear-armed, with very few archers, like the Normans, on which they were partially based. Battle tactics would be totally different; as we see from the story, they relied on the massed charge.