
Actually it is in the books: ''The wizard seemed asleep, but with lids not fully closed: there was a glitter of eyes under his long lashes''. So there you go, Gandalf does in fact sleep with his eyes slightly open.
On second thought, I think I won't comment. 😄one of PJ's artistic interpretations
Actually it is in the books: ''The wizard seemed asleep, but with lids not fully closed: there was a glitter of eyes under his long lashes''. So there you go, Gandalf does in fact sleep with his eyes slightly open.
Tolkien gives us a beautiful description of Elvish sleep in Rohan a few pages before the meeting with Eomer:cannot find where it is said Elves sleep with their eyes open either.
Interesting... I suspect this one didn't show up in my searches because I failed in use of the dash.as he walked open-eyed in the light of this world.